Thursday 25 April 2013

More "CLEANSING" Repercussions

I know what you are thinking- no posts for 2 months and then bing, bang, boom- 2 in a row. Is it because of "the cleanse" and feeling energized because of eating really healthy fude lika dis?


(See, it isn't all beige glutinous mush). No, it is because of the cleanse and in particular the no booze- got nothing to do, so as Van Halen says-might as well jump  blog.  I'm sure he sang that.

So because of "the cleanse" I had purchased some organic virgin coconut oil to use in making some fake sugar by mixing it with cocoa and agave to make some awesome cookies found on the Chocolate Covered Katie's Website.  Katie, a young, attractive, veganista blogs about chocolate recipes that really rock- what could be bad?  Haven't yet made the cookies but this is more about the virgin stuff. So I was showing Dani my oil (ok, I was showing off my oil) - let me show you my oil:


yup that's some good looking oil, no?

So Dani says "hey you know this stuff is great for your hair- just grab a handful and mush it on, leave it on for 20 minutes, wash and rinse and your hair will be shiny and lovely.  Yes it is true, I needed more details about what a person does in the shower for 20 minutes while waiting, but she clued me into the fact that you can put it on before you got in the shower (ohhhhh....).

So Dani knows this stuff (she does have shiny, lovely hair) and who am I to look shiny, lovely hair in the mouth, so I did try it.  I wish I had worn a button shirt instead of an over the head shirt (still learning) but when I got out of the shower - well blow my lips off- my hair did feel good- silky, smooth, manageable- bouncy even. But then again it always feels better when its wet.

I dried it in my usual way- air- and went to work. BIG MISTAKE. This virgin oil gave me a rogue curl that could not, would not, be tamed. I wet it with Moroccan oil (you know hair of the dog- treat one oil with another) water, smoothing gel- nada! This is that hair-


DO YOU MIND, HAIR? It's bad enough having thick, ropey, curly, GREY hair but a hair that curls one way and then the other in one curl- that's just wrong! Product! What I need is product.

11 comments:

  1. OMG - I laughed out loud as I have curly hair as well, and it does its own things constantly! I use details curl (http://www.aghair.com/product/curl/details/), then marrakesh oil AND a joico styling oil called kpack. AFter all that, my hair is soft and silky. I am so envious of those who wash and go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the product tip. Ya taming curly hair it quite a to do. Good for you-for persevering. I give up, hence the hair!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you did it, if I had known you were going to go for it I would have reminded you about the button front shirt.
    Do you mind hair, that's hilarious, your hair has a mind of its own and knows it is awesome, there's no taming her!
    Thanks for saying I have nice hair even though I've given up my good-ship-lollipop styling. I'm all about the coconut oil hair mask, an idea from Louise who is our blogging chemist by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I'm giving up coconut oil on my hair- too unpredictable for my type of hair but you rock on!

      Delete
    2. Louise the blogging chemist here! Apologies for missing this post - I am extremely behind on blog reading! I am glad you tried out the coconut oil but sorry to hear that it made your hair go all wavy. Did you use a conditioner after your shampoo? It looks like a rich conditioner might be needed.

      Delete
  3. I also have dry curly hair but very thin... I am still looking for the miraculous (and chemical free) product that will solve all... So I will be monitoring the comments here... By the way I have read that vitamin E help for hair growth and dryness (is it a word??)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph-No sure there is one product that will solve all. I take Vitamin E for the antioxidants but don't need more hair growth- mine grows like a weed.

      Delete
  4. Way to go on the cleanse B!! I think 12 days is awesome. I am obsessed with Chocolate Covered Katie's (CCK for those is a hurry!) website and typically make one or two recipe's from it a week...actually I am eating vegan chocolate mint pancakes I found on her website right now. I think I would save the coconut oil for baking. For example you could make healthy home-made peppermint patties: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/04/30/cosmic-chocolate-peppermint-patties/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Meg. Ya I should have credited you with the CCK tip ( had it in there but the sentence was running on & you know you turned me onto her). Homemade peppermint patties. I am THERE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have BEAUTIFUL hair Medusa, um B Lovely. Uh oh, turning to stone...

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only I had that as one of my powers!
    xox

    ReplyDelete