Saturday 29 March 2014

Postscript

I was lying in bed last night wide awake at 3:00 am thinking of coffee. Thinking how the espresso gadget makes a really good hit of coffee.  How it'll be really great when I get up and can have my morning cup.  How I love that it makes crema.  Was I up because of caffeine? Was it too early to get up and have an espresso? Is coffee evil? (I know that is anthropomorphizing and vilifying at the same time and that's really dumb, but I was pretty tired and often the things you ponder about in the middle of the night make no sense in the morning).  The truth is that since I've got my new machinery I have sometimes been having one more coffee a day- because its easy to make just one shot. I have two cups in the morning, one at 6:30 and one before 8:00 and now sometimes one at lunch around 1:30 pm, something I know I shouldn't do on account of my self diagnosed extreme reaction to caffeine. But it's only one shot. How much of a toxic dose can that give me? How can a 1:30 coffee affect my sleep after I've fallen asleep? It can't wake me up, can it? And it is so good. Really good. But I didn't have a third hit yesterday and I'm still up and wide awake. Do you mind!

Talk about anthropomorphizing

2 comments:

  1. You are killing me! Were you talking really fast and in a high-pitched voice when you wrote this? Stand-Back-From-The-Machine, for the sake of all who love you..... Dani - send in the SWAT team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that bad is it? When are you coming to visit- you can check it out for yourself!

      Delete